Can we Automate the Web Url By passing data from spreadsheet?

uiautomation
studio
web

Hi,

Can any one help me on this!!

I have list of data in the web but it has been uploaded in the different name such as <WWW.aa!!!.com/filename/HN > I can extract the data from this url.

But, I want to replace, In the same Url <…/…/ “HN( it has to change)”>with (AN,IL.AU etc…) which is in my excel sheet column.

Can we pass the values from column to Web url? If Yes, can we run the same program to scrap the data from each and every URL, and it is possible to store the extracted data in to the excel sheet with different filenames or In the same excel with different sheets.

Kindly let me know is it possible to do this automation in the UIpath?

I’m very much thankful if any one can send the sample program for the above.

Looking forward to hearing positive response!

Yes… It is possible…
Please search in this forum you can find read excel script. adopt that and change for your excel.
create another WF and set the value of string in the browser URL what you read from excel.

simple… :smile:

Hi,

I can change the Web Url dynamically, but I can not scrap the data from every page.

Can any one suggest me the right way to scrap the data dynamically.

choose right selector of the Browser URL. make sure you pass title of the browser.

please use this selector for Google chrome.

Hope my inputs are useful.

By default i can see the below selectors, Also I replace in the tableCol=‘6’ tableRow=‘10’ as tableCol=’ Asterisk*’ tableRow=‘Asterisk’.

html app=‘chrome.exe’ title=‘Academic and Planning ( Porta*’ />**
webctrl css-selector=‘body>table>tbody>tr>td>table’ idx=‘2’ tableCol=‘6’ tableRow=‘10’ tag=‘TABLE’ />**
webctrl css-selector=‘body>table>tbody>tr>td>table>tbody>tr>td’ tableRow=‘5’ tag=‘TD’ title=‘Academic and Planning ( Porta***’ />

In your selector there is no http value available. what i am assuming, your selector is trying to grab data from data grid on a webpage. this won’t give URL but it may give you hyperlinks in the webpage…

Yes, you are right, I’m garbing data from the web page data grid. Correct me if I am wrong in the above message what I understood that, for adding the http value do i need to select the < parentclass=‘gr__data_ac_in’ / > which having the url !

Hi ,

I’m facing with this error!!
An error has occured

Source: System.Xml

Message: Unable to cast object of type ‘Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue’ to type ‘System.String’.

Exception Type: InvalidCastException