Can Uipath control 2 monitors

Hi expertise
Can uipath control the 2 monitors or more, like if I want a Message box on 1st screen and browser in 2nd screen monitor. Is it possible to do? Or is there any other setting need to do.

1 Like

I do not think we have an option to do that in UIPath.

1 Like

I don’t think UiPath have this option.

1 Like

Hi @KarthikByggari @suruchi120294
Is there any other settings to control it.

The message boxes displays in the primary monitor.

Workaround to open browser on secondary monitor is
Open the browser (any application) and drag it to the second monitor. Close the window.
When you open the browser again, the window by default opens in the secondary monitor.

Give it a try.

Regards,
Karthik Byggari

2 Likes

Hi @KarthikByggari
I have tried as you said but its not working. Whenever new browser is opened, it comes to the primary screen.

Sorry, then only way is to use some external dual monitor tools to set the application to a monitor.
Please look into Google for possible ideas.

2 Likes

Hi @James90

I used to work around it by sending the Win+UP and Win+Shift+Right combinations to first maximize and then move the browser to the screen I wanted :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hmmm…This sounds like a good opportunity to implement a Custom Activity. It could be developed in .NET/C#. A long time ago, in a Enterprise…far far away, I use to work on an Automation development in Openspan (Pega) and our users had dual monitors, so we implemented a similar solution with invoking custom C# code to handle opening windows/apps in 2nd Monitor. Unfortunately, I no longer work there and therefore do not have access to the code, but again - it is feasible / doable.
I believe once the Automation opened the Window/App, then we grab a Handle to it and passed it to the C# Code, which then used low-level Window API Calls (win32 functions) to move it by position to 2nd Monitor.

3 Likes

You may find these links to C# Code examples helpful.

2 Likes

Hi @loginerror
I have tried that one, it works only with the browser, not any other apps.

2 Likes

This is a nice workaround to have.

In my case I am working with a VMWare instance which is launched from within an HTML wrapper within Internet Explorer.
The window seems to forget its position each time, although by using Win + Shift + Left/Right I can move the window. The problem is, if you have 3 screens, then it cycles through the windows rather than just alternate between main and extended one.
This means at one point it might come back to main screen if there are no checks placed. It would be nice in UiPath to have some way of moving an app compulsorily to extended screen.

Problem solved momentarily, though. Kudos @loginerror ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome, thank you!