Can UiPath be used for Code Deployments

I want to know if UiPath can be used for Code Deployments?

Could you please be specific… in general yes if you are in windows environment.
it’s all depends on how you design your approach… Please come up with your steps so that we UiPath lovers will give you right advice.

1. I have my binaries and executable’s at a specified path on the Dev Server. These binaries and executable’s have to be copied over to the Staging server.
  2. I have to restart the Staging server
    The environment is Windows
  1. I have my binaries and executable’s at a specified path on the Dev Server. These binaries and executable’s have to be copied over to the Staging server.

Ans: File Copy activity can be used to copy list of files. This also can achieve by creating an excel spread sheet with all required files names with path. Then UiPath will read that excel file and copy/move accordingly.
    Based on my understanding you might need to operate these file copy functionality in a remote machine. If that is correct then it would be easy for your robot if you create a share folder/map drive in the same network. Then copy functionality will work more efficiently to deploy.

2. I have to restart the Staging server
    The environment is Windows
    Ans: Yes you can restart your staging server.

hope my inputs are useful

thank you Krishna, I have tried the “Copy File” feature and was able to CopyOver the files from one location to other. So, this can be used for copying files from one location to other.

I further have these 2 questions -

1. For restarting the Server, I think we have to record the Sequence, Am I correct (or) is there any other built in feature in UiPath that can do restart’s.

2. Is there a feature to run SQL scripts as well

1. For restarting the Server, I think we have to record the Sequence, Am I correct (or) is there any other built in feature in UiPath that can do restart’s.
    Ans: Yes correct, just record and re use based on your Work Flow.
  2. Is there a feature to run SQL scripts as well
    Ans: SQL script you can use but you need to have proper steps design to achieve desired results.
    Example: if you want to use SQL script then you need a query manager or you have to write a function to execute your SQL query with a database connection string. also you need to create a result string to produce query results.
    you can call any file with any extension. .vbs, .csv, .sql, .mdb etc… try to play with different files.

Thank you Krishna, your responses are helpful