Can Task capture export(.xaml) be used in studiox/studiopro?

Hi @Anna_Hotsa @rashmi.nc,

Can task capture export .xaml file be used in studiox projects?

I see there comes a project.json conflict when trying to do so as profile would be different for studio/studiox projects.

Is there any way, .xaml generated by task capture can be utilized in studiox or is it only meant for studio purposes(development profiles)?

Regards
Sonali

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47 ,

I hope you’re doing good and staying safe.

Export to StudioX is on our roadmap. I’d request you to subscribe to the Release Notes

Let me know if you’ve any questions.

Regards,
Rashmi

Hi @rashmi.nc,

Thank you for your response.

What about studio pro?

Is that one also being considered as people on studio pro profile also won’t be able to exported .xaml file due to profile difference in project.json unless they switch their profile.

I think, it would be worthwhile to integrate all 3 profiles with task capture.

What does UiPath think on this?

Regards
Sonali

Hi @sonaliaggarwal47 ,

I believe you should be able to open in Studio Pro. Are you getting any errors? If yes, please share the details with us to validate. Thanks.

Regards,
Rashmi

Hi @rashmi.nc,

Yes, I tried it using studiopro, it works with that :slight_smile: (I hadn’t tried before after seeing it not working with studiox)

So issue is only with importing into studiox profile.

Regards
Sonali

1 Like

Hey guys,

Summarizing here about .xaml export feature usage for your reference:

Currently, .xaml export feature is available and can very well be opened/used with studio and studiopro. However, this doesn’t work currently with studiox profile, this one is already on UiPath’s road map.

Also, please note that in Task Capture version 2021.4, when this .xaml is opened with studio/studiopro, it doesn’t work directly due to the current recording mechanisms differences between task capture and studio so to make it work, few changes to the selectors might be required.

UiPath is currently working on improving this feature so .xaml can be directly consumed/executed by studio without any changes. Improvements already on way in 2021.8 preview release.

Refer below links for more details:

Hope this info helps:)

Regards
Sonali

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.