Can someone please explain a complete REFramework project along with it's code, So the beginners like me can effectively learn from it

Can someone please explain a complete REFramework project along with it’s code, So the beginners like me can effectively learn from it.

Please read REFramework documentation.pdf which is found under Documentation folder in your REFramework project.

check you vidoes if not sure , try to learn how to import arguments then it will make some sense . I use copaautomation channel on youtube.

Hoping this works :slight_smile:

I feel your pain. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yes, read the pdf document in the project folder. However, if you’re like me, I feel it’s not explained well and organized in a confusing way.

If it helps, here are some simple tips…

1. Understand how State Machines work. They are similar to Flowcharts where Switches/Decision are like the Transitions in State Machines. If you understand this part, you can follow the flow of the project
  2. Learn that for a robust project, you must follow these steps:
  • Initialize global variables, Kill all open applications and processes that could interfere
  • Loop through and process each item
  • Catch and Log exceptions, and perform retry attempts on the item, while continuing where it left off
  • End process by killing all processes again, especially if an exception occurred
  • As a bonus, throw the last exception of an item that used up all its retries, so the job results as a Fail rather than a Success. - this way, you know that not all the items were successful
  1. Familiarize yourself with Transactional data using Queue items. This is probably the most challenging to grasp, when you have never done this. - and to be honest, the ReFramework doesn’t necessarily manage Queues that well.

I hope this helps and sorry I can’t provide any images or code.

Best way is to break it down and play around with each part, so it can all come together while designing a project. The end goal should be one where you don’t need to know a single thing about the ReFramework nor do you even need to open the workflow, and you can implement a process into it by simply placing your tasks in the Process.xaml. But, I’m not sure if the ReFramework provides a good shell for this end goal just yet. - it’s still good to use and has inspiring solutions.

Regards.

1 Like

Upon completion of Level 3 RPA Developer advanced you will at least understand how it works. ^^