Can publish library activities, but not test cases, from same project

I’m on Studio Enterprise 21.10.3.0.

When publishing activities from a project, I get no errors. When publishing test cases from the same project, it fails. I’m hoping someone has seen this issue before and has experience correcting it. The Studio popup error reads as follows:

Error: Publish of Tests project to Orchestrator failed. An error has occurred.

When referencing the logs following the publish attempt, the only clue I get is this:

09:45:43.4216 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio] [75] Validate-> RemoteExecute: connection lost in UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.Validation.IWorkflowFileValidatorServiceProjectEndpoint: System.IO.IOException: Connection closed.
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Connection.RemoteCall(Request request, Stream uploadStream, CancellationToken token)
at UiPath.CoreIpc.ServiceClient1.<>c__DisplayClass21_11.<b__1>d.MoveNext()
— End of stack trace from previous location —
at UiPath.CoreIpc.Helpers.Timeout[TResult](TimeSpan timeout, List1 cancellationTokens, Func2 func, String message, Func2 exceptionHandler) at UiPath.CoreIpc.ServiceClient1.<>c__DisplayClass21_11.<Invoke>b__2(Exception ex) at UiPath.CoreIpc.Helpers.Timeout[TResult](TimeSpan timeout, List1 cancellationTokens, Func2 func, String message, Func2 exceptionHandler)
at UiPath.Studio.Ipc.Shared.Services.IpcProxyBase1.RemoteExecute[T](Func2 remoteFunc, String callerName), HResult -2146232800

This is the entirety of the logs + error messages that are produced per publish attempt.

Remediation notes:

• When manually validating (from Analyze File in the Studio ribbon), no errors are detected.
  • When trying to publish the test cases, Studio recognizes the version number of the activities (Orchestrator Library) version as the existing version of the test package, although this test package has never published successfully and so it does not exist in Orchestrator.
  • We can publish to a local directory without issue.
  • I’ve disconnected and reconnected through Assistant.
  • I’ve restarted Studio and restarted the dev machine.
  • Can’t find any anomalies in project.json
  • Tried to publish using a different package name.
  • Tried publishing locally, then manually uploading the package to Orchestrator. This also fails with the same error.
1 Like

I can try and publish in our instance tomorrow, but it will be with 20.10.

What version of Orchestrator are you publishing to? Have you reviewed the Event Viewer Logs for Orchestrator to see if any errors are thrown on the server?