Can not create variable with a plus sign in Studio

Environment information
UiPath Studio 2021.10.8 on Windows 10 2004 Enterprise x64
UiPath Orchestrator 2021.4.2

Description
After an upgrade from UiPath Studio 21.4.4 to 2021.10.8 I can not create a variable from a plus sign as before. The option ‘Create variable’ is not visible from a drop down menu.
variable01

The option ‘Create variable’ is also not visible in the Properties of the activity.
2022-08-30 09_13_07-mRemoteNG - sparkasse.xml - VUPS

I can create variables in the Variables panel. I can also create variables with ‘Ctrl + k’ option in the activity itself. In version 21.4.4 I had a visual option to click ‘Create Variable’ from a plus sign, but now it’s gone?

Hi @iZan

Could you please confirm the version of the System activity package used in the above project?

Thank you Maciej for a reply. It’s the same behaviour (not seeing the option ‘Create variable’) in the older project which was built in Studio version 21.4.4 as in the new one.

System activity package in the older project
“UiPath.Excel.Activities”: “[2.10.4]”
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.10.5]”
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[21.4.1]”
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[21.4.4]”

System activity package in the new project
“UiPath.Excel.Activities”: “[2.12.3]”
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.15.2]”
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[22.4.4]”
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[22.4.7]”

I think that Studio version 2021.10.8 is also the latest possible version for Orchestrator 2021.4.2. Maybe this could be an opportunity to upgrade the server side also. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can use Ctrl+K to create inline variables or you can get the latest version where the (+) should work as expected. You might try to reset your Studio configuration of is still not showing.

I tried to reset settings Studio settings, but it didn’t change the outcome. Because I can use Ctrl+K to create inline variables, I marked you answer as solution. Later on we will also update our UiPath infrastructure. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.