Can I place the "Global Exception Handler" into the main process map or does it have to say in it's own process map?

I’ve used the ribbon menu and created a new Global Exception Handler. My question is can I copy that activity and paste it into my main workflow window so I can have it use all of my existing variables?

I plan to have this handler update a row in a database to show a map is in an error state… so I don’t want to have to re-invent the wheel with the existing variables again if possible. Is this a place to leverage Environment Variables?

If you copy an activity, all of its arguments and informative screenshot data will come with it. On the backend, UiPath is essentially copying the XAML string for the activity and inserting it into the appropriate place in the workflow where you paste the activity. If you’re copying a sequence, the underlying variables within the scope of the sequence will come with it.

Thanks Anthony, unfortunately it wouldn’t work the way I wanted it to. Is there another way to reference a workflow variable from the Global Exception Handler?

Basically what I wanted to do was bring the existing variables from the workflow into the global exception handler so I could use them to update a database showing an exception had occurred on that particular row of data being used and it’s not letting me do that.

Try copying the variables from the variables window. I’ve had some luck with that, though I’m not sure the variables will maintain the same scope of the project from which you’ve copied them.

We’ve used an activity called GetterSetter that effectively allows you to take variables from which ever sequence/xaml you’re busy with and “import” them into the global handler. This way we kept the global handler separate but used the variables we wanted in it.