On a fresh machine, fresh install of Robot (no Studio, no Orchestrator), when the user attempts to run a workflow, they are met with the popup that says something like “Please activate a licence before using Robot.”
This is expected.
Then, following https://robot.uipath.com/docs/regutil-command-descriptions 69 , we used
regutil.exe activate /firstname.lastname@example.org /code=xxxxx
This didn’t yield any output message in command line, but seemed to action something.
Unfortunately Robot’s behaviour hasn’t changed: user still gets the same ‘please activate’ popup when attempting any run. Below is the powershell session showing the exact commands run, including get-info responses after ‘activation’ (and ‘deactivation’ as this is a test machine to reproduce the issue).
Am I stuffing something up here? We also tried restarting Robot and pc after activation with seemingly no change.
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath> .\Regutil.exe activate /email@example.com /code=xxxxxxxxxx
PS C:\Program Files (x86)\UiPath\Studio\UiPath> .\Regutil.exe get-info
License code: xxxxxxxxxx
License status: -115
Device id: yyyyyyyyyyyyy
Error #20: Cannot read license expire date: -6003, error description: Lookup of tag failed
Maintenance expire date: not set
Subscription expire date: not set
User defined field “Attended”: not defined
User defined field “Unattended”: not defined
User defined field “Free”: not defined
User defined field “Dev”: not defined
User defined field “AttendedConcurrent”: not defined
User defined field “DevConcurrent”: not defined
The problem was that my company firewall was blocking the online activation. To fix, use the command line process for offline activation as detailed in the link in OP.
Can I know the port required to activate a license: “Unattended Robot - Node Locked”