Can anyone please help in a question regarding Excel Activities

Hi Everyone,

I am designing a solution where there are 3 excel files and i am fetching each row one by one and validating. That’s it. So what would be the best way as I am not thinking to use RE-Framework here. Could you people please give your suggestions.

Thanks,
Hemal

@hemal If data and no columns is similar type, then read all three excel files and combine data and then validate the data row by row.

@hemal, how are you performing the data validation, do you compare the row by row from each file against the other file or ?

@SenzoD,

yes row by row comparing.

Thanks,
Hemal

@hemal okay cool, here I have created a simple workflow that takes two excel files, each file with two columns (names and age) of people, it compares the age, if the match is found it will do a message box and tell you which ages matched, otherwise it just goes on till finished. You can use this as a start and obviously modify it to cater for your needs, I did not have your excel files that’s why created one to show an example.

should you need further assistant, let me know.

Compare-Data-Tables.zip (30.3 KB)

1 Like

@hemal and you mensioned you do not want to use the REF, i assume the reason why you mentioned that is you also want advice on exception handling, for a simple project like this, you can handle exceptions like making sure excel is closed before running the data (You can use kill process before it starts running). if you need to export data to a new file then you would need to move it somewhere after runnning the flow, so you can always check if path exists before running your flow and the if it does move it, because you do not want your robot overwriting the data everytime it runs. you know your user case better, just make sure you cater for any possible event.

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile: