Can anyone help me with setting up the unattended robot which runs in background process where user can work in other tasks parallely

Can anyone help me with setting up the unattended robot which runs in background process where user can work in other tasks parallely.
Also, tell me whether this can be acheived in community edition

Hi @abs1813,

Better to use PIP if you want to work in parallel when bot execution is going on.

Thanks.

Can you please help me out, kindly elaborate PIP, as i am begineer for UIpath

Hi @abs1813 ,

PIP is picture in picture which will run code in new window.
Means it create new session of window to run the code without affecting current window.

Thanks.

You can also try background process,

Thanks Manoj, will try with the background process , as PIP feature is throwing me exception and not allowing me to proceed

1 Like

You can also read below post for PIP for reference.

Hi Manoj,

1. PIP mode - This dint help me as its asking same for credentials, even though i have admin rights.
  2. Background process - This dint work as my activity consists of Browser related and this dont support browser related activities.

Please let me know if there are any other ways

If you have web interaction then in that case background process will not work in parallel.

Only PIP is the solution for this otherwise you should leave system for sometime during bot run.

Working in parallel when bot is running will create more chances of bot failure.

Thanks Manoj, the bot running in PIP mode is working fine and also allowing me to work on others tasks parallely.

Good news :grinning:

What was the issue ?

Hello,

I had to change few settings in the browser and also in Project settings from Uipath Studio , then it worked. Thanks for your help and time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Manoj,

Can you help me to resolve this error message which is from my friends system. While they are trying to run in PIP mode

Please help me.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.