Button click times out when I'm AFK

In a browser-based (Edge) app I have an activity that click a button to have it drop down a list of possibilities. When I run the job attended it works fine, but when I switch away from the PC (RDP) where it runs, the button-click times out. UiPath can’t be blamed, but I have learned that it usually offers a multitude of different approaches. I don’t know how to attack this problem. Whenever I have eyes on the job i.e. debugging, it works…

The error is:
RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Timeout reached. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Timeout reached.
at UiPath.UiNodeClass.BringIntoView()
at UiPath.Core.UiElement.BringToForeground()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.Core.Activities.ScopeActivity.OnFaulted(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.Invoke(NativeActivityFaultContext faultContext, Exception propagatedException, ActivityInstance propagatedFrom)
at System.Activities.Runtime.FaultCallbackWrapper.FaultWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

The selector looks like this:
<html app=‘msedge.exe’ htmlwindowname=‘window.name.TheApp’ title=‘The App’ />
<webctrl idx=‘1’ tag=‘BUTTON’ type=‘button’ />

UiPath01 UiPath02

Can anyone help?

@HenrikCarlsen

Is your bot license is Unattended

Only Unattended bot licensed works if you lock the screen

Hope this helps you

Thanks

Thank you for the reply. I run the job in Studio community ed. Haven’t managed to “bot” it correctly (using the Orchestrator, I presume). Don’t think it is the issue here as it processes quite a few activities before ending here.

UI interactions require that Windows is unlocked. When you disconnect from a RDP-session, the lock screen on the remote computer will activate. To avoid it, you can use tscon to disconnect instead.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/running/via-rdp/keeping-computer-unlocked.html

1 Like

I don’t disconnect, I just minimize or swap to another PC. It isn’t even locked.

I am executing tests on a remote machine using Remote Desktop Connection/Protocol. It works correctly as long as the RDC window is active and/or maximized. However the tests fail when the RDC window is minimized.

https://docs.telerik.com/teststudio/knowledge-base/test-execution-kb/minimized-rdc

This looks interesting. Will dive into this tomorrow. Thank you.

PtRobot: Sadly it didn’t change anything. This was a good idea, though.
Btw. I have installed the extensions for both Edge and RDP, it’s not that I’m missing.

Sorry to hear that. Did you restart the remote computer after doing the registry fix?

Yes, I restarted the remote PC and reconnected.
I wish I could see what happened when I was not looking at the screen … Haven’t figured out that paradox yet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.