Business Rule Exceptions not working when invoking workflow in "Isolated" mode

Hi,

It seems like when a Business Rule Exception is thrown in a workflow that has been invoked with the “Isolated” checkbox set to true, the caught exception is always of type “System.Exception” instead of “UiPath.Core.BusinessRuleException”. Are Business Rule Exceptions not supported in isolated mode?

The output panel logging the same Business Rule Exception thrown in the invoked workflow (first is when Isolated = False, second is when Isolated = True).

Thanks,
P

I would like to add that I tested this as well, with BusinessRuleException and with other exception types, and all that I tried were translated to System.Exception.

About exception types not being supported in Isolated mode - I know that this worked fine up to 18.1, but in some version of 18.4 this bug was introduced. It doesn’t work in 19.10 either, don’t know of the newest CE.

Is there any timeframe when this will be fixed?

@loginerror

Hi @peaches @Antti

Could you provide your Studio versions and the versions of your dependencies in these projects?

I will create a ticket in our bug tracker, but the more information the better :slight_smile:

“dependencies”: {
“UiPath.Excel.Activities”: “[2.7.2]”,
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.7.2]”,
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[19.10.1]”,
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[19.11.1]”
},

“studioVersion”: “19.10.4.0”,

1 Like

“dependencies”: {
“UiPath.Credentials.Activities”: “[1.1.6479.13204]”,
“UiPath.Excel.Activities”: “[2.7.2]”,
“UiPath.Mail.Activities”: “[1.7.2]”,
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[19.10.1]”,
“UiPath.Terminal.Activities”: “[1.3.3]”,
“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[19.11.1]”,
“UiPath.WebAPI.Activities”: “[1.4.3]”
},
“studioVersion”: “19.10.4.0”,
}

1 Like

Getting the same error with following as well:

“UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities”: “[19.4.1]”,
“UiPath.System.Activities”: “[19.4.0]”,

Just wanted to update this topic to confirm that this is currently a technical limitation.

It has now been documented here: