Business Reviewer vs Idea Approver

Hi all,

I’m not clear on the difference between a Business Reviewer and an Idea Approver. If I have a department of 20 people, for example, all of whom are “standard users”, I presume I’d give the head of the department an Idea Approver role, so that they can be the first “gateway approver” for ideas coming from that department. OR should the department head be given the Business Reviewer role? Secondly, would my approval flow have both an Idea Approver AND a Business Reviewer on it? If yes, why?
If you can help clarify, I’d appreciate it.

Hi @francis.donohue1,

Welcome to the UiPath Forum!

A Business Reviewer is a person responsible for assessing ideas from a business perspective. They are usually responsible for making sure an idea is viable and makes sense for the organization. An Idea Approver is responsible for approving an idea after it has been reviewed by the Business Reviewer. In the example you provided, the head of the department would likely be given the Idea Approver role.

Yes, your approval flow may have both an Idea Approver and a Business Reviewer on it. This is because the Business Reviewer is responsible for assessing ideas from a business perspective, while the Idea Approver is responsible for approving the idea. Having both roles allows for an additional layer of oversight to ensure that ideas are properly vetted before they are approved.

Thanks,

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.