Bulk import changes encoding of data

Hello,
I’m using the activity “BulkAddQueueItems” and it is a lot faster than the normally used “AddQueueItem”.
But now I discovered that e.g. the German umlauts are incorrectly coded. While reading the data from a csv file I use “readCSVFile” into a datatable and set the encoding to “Windows 1252”.
After the import I find the German umlauts are wrong. There I can read the word “M\u00fcnster” which normally should read “Münster”. With the other character is that the same. I think this encoding is Utf-8.
Normally that is no problem until I see this in data which will be used to create letters and mails.
Any suggestions? How can I prevent this behavior?

thank you in advance.
Kind regards
Martin

Hello @martinN!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

  1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

  2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

  3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

  4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

  5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
@Forum_Staff

@martinN
playing / adopting the encoding set would be the first option
for checking / adopting the encoding set e.g. notepad++ can help
in case of the issue is not get under control, maybe a correction job is helpfully:

converting all cols:
Removal of Trailing Spaces from Datatable

unescaping unicode:
System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Unescape(unicodeString)
Decode_UnicodeString.xaml (4.7 KB)