Build your first automation - Getting to know StudioX

How can I edit an activity, especially if you use “Type Into” or “Select Item” then clicked in the wrong box/field.

There is an option menu (3 horizontal lines) at the top right corner.
you click on it and select edit target.
Your browser will open again and the previously selected item may still be highlighted. So, you just need to bring your cursor on top the previously selected item and click on delete target.

Gostei muito de ter aprendido minha primeira automação, estou animada para os próximos passos!

Thanks to sir Michael for guiding us. My trouble before is the excel activities are not under the excel process scope. Unicorn Name is my first automation, at first it was hard but in familiarizing the function It went well.

I had some problems because, even following the video step by step, the version of Studio I installed is different from the one shown in the tutorial. For example I can’t retrieve saved variables by simply clicking on the “+” and the only way I could retrieve the unicorn name to include in the email was to insert the “Gmail action” directly into the google sheet stream.

The video is of good quality. The video is very easy to follow but what I missed was that you could provide more information about the changing activity.
Also, it is not possible to download resources with the “mozilla firefox” browser.

After completing RPA Developer Foundation, I completed this course. I definitely should have started here! This is the explanation of the basics I needed!

I enjoyed building my first automation. The steps were easy to follow and only had one issue (which was my fault, since I initially was paying attention to where I was dragging and dropping my actions in the workflow.)

I look forward to learning building more automations!

Very straightforward process for the first automation. I’m familiar enough with VBA coding that I’m excited to see something so user-friendly while also looking forward to more coding-based opportunities. I really like the versatility that this looks as though it will offer.

Great course and well explained so its easy to follow and develop the project with nice results along the lesson.

Thanks,

Rafael Ruiz
Lima Perú

when installing the downloaded packaged via Help-Stable, i cannot select Studio X, it goes directly to Studio. thus i cannot practice the exercise at all. and spent lot of time finding what’s wrong. it’s not a good experience for me actually.

It was straightforward to use, but it would have been helpful to explicitly give the get Unicorn name web page address in the course text and indicate that you should load this page in your browser as it’s required for the build. ( Unless I missed it earlier in the video.)

I found the screens do not match the trial version I installed which made it very confusing. It was able to find the actions but the run did not work to send the email.

Error received:
Something went wrong with .
Activity Send Email(Send Mail X) failed:

Operation aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004004 (E_ABORT))

You can find the activity by searching id (press Ctrl + J to jump to activity):

Press Retryto re-execute the activity.Press Skipto continue execution from the next activity.Press Stopto stop the execution of the process.

During running, I would be asked to authorise the gmail each time it ran.
Tried deleting the gmail stage and re-creating it, but same result. Did I miss something, or is my gmail set up incorrectly?

Also, why does it ask for permission to change all my calendars? And have the ability to delete all my mails ? This seems dangerous.

Great experience, the tutorial was clear and easy to follow with step by step actions. I personally had an issue with my automation. It runs perfectly but I have no draft saved in Outlook, yet there aren’t any bug in the program. Really confused about that.

Like another user, I also had to search for a separate download for StudioX, as the video’s tutorial only leads to a download of the latest versions of Studio. The screens were still outdated, but was able to find corresponding equivalences readily enough.

I was also asked to select my gmail account each time as well; the bot wouldn’t run without having me authenticate each time.

First time using the RPA software and I am anxious to proceed. I love learning new things and this is right up my alley. Thanks.

Great Course so far. Excited about RPA, but my Tools page and Design tabs looked different from the one shown in the video.

I feel motivated with being able to complete this first automation task.! Let’s keep learning to improve our skills

Several things on the version of StudioX I downloaded wasn’t on the video so I was having to search and guess on what activities to use. Example I didn’t have an option on Get Text to Save Later for use. My Google Chrome kept getting debugged by the UiPath app. versopm 2022.4.3