Bug when building object repository using Jenkins

We are using Jenkins to handle our release pipeline, and with the new object repository being added it is no longer working with the UiPath Jenkins plugin.

There are obvious differences in the .nupkg being created from the Jenkins “Pack” and pressing “Deploy” inside Studio. I suspect this is the issue.

An example of the .nuspec file from each package. First is using Jenkins, next is using Studio.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<package xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/packaging/2013/05/nuspec.xsd">
  <metadata>
    <id>UI_VerisLibrary</id>
    <version>1.1.78665484</version>
    <title>UI_VerisLibrary</title>
    <authors>SYSTEM</authors>
    <requireLicenseAcceptance>false</requireLicenseAcceptance>
    <description>Veris UI Library</description>
    <tags>Library</tags>
    <dependencies>
      <group targetFramework=".NETFramework4.6.1">
        <dependency id="UiPath.Excel.Activities" version="2.9.5" />
        <dependency id="UiPath.Mail.Activities" version="1.9.3" />
        <dependency id="UiPath.System.Activities" version="20.10.1" />
        <dependency id="UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities" version="20.10.5" />
      </group>
    </dependencies>
  </metadata>
</package>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<package xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/packaging/2013/05/nuspec.xsd">
  <metadata minClientVersion="3.3">
    <id>UI_VerisLibrary</id>
    <version>1.1.10</version>
    <title>UI_VerisLibrary</title>
    <authors>DMUN</authors>
    <owners>DMUN</owners>
    <requireLicenseAcceptance>false</requireLicenseAcceptance>
    <description>Veris UI Library</description>
    <tags>Library VisualBasic VB UiPathStudioLibrary UiPathObjects</tags>
    <dependencies>
      <group targetFramework=".NETFramework4.6.1">
        <dependency id="UiPath.Excel.Activities" version="2.9.5" />
        <dependency id="UiPath.Mail.Activities" version="1.9.3" />
        <dependency id="UiPath.System.Activities" version="20.10.1" />
        <dependency id="UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities" version="20.10.5" />
      </group>
    </dependencies>
    <contentFiles>
      <files include="**/*.*" buildAction="None" />
    </contentFiles>
  </metadata>
</package>

@anupamck @AlvinStanescu

No comment on this? We are a major enterprise with 100s of automations running UiPath, and the CI/CD is at a hault due to faulty Object Repository handling.

Hi @Daniel_Munch

Sorry for late reply.

First, and just to clarify, in case of major Enteprise-critical queries the best way to move forward is to contact our technical support via this form:

I hope you’ve been able to resolve this issue by now. If not, let me know!

Daniel,
thx for the detailed problem statement. We will try to reproduce it and file a bug request if required.
Let me get back to you as soon as I have more info on this.
At any point in time, feel free to get in touch with me directly for details at thomas.stocker@uipath.com

Hi @ThomasStocker , and @loginerror

Just got back from a 3 week vacation, and it seems nothing have changed.

The bug report on github has no replies: Bug when building object repository · Issue #61 · jenkinsci/uipath-automation-package-plugin · GitHub

My support ticket is still “In Progress” (Case number: 01037687) With last update of “I am checking with the concerned team on this issue, I will get back to you with an update.” From Jul 8.

Latest release of Jenkins Plugin is from Mar 23. (Release uipath-automation-package-2.3.2 · jenkinsci/uipath-automation-package-plugin · GitHub)

Hi Daniel,
we will target a new release of our plugins ins about 2 weeks from today and we will try to incorporate a solution for the problem you mentioned.

1 Like

Daniel,
we have investigated the issue and it seems that we will have to adapt our packager to support Object Repository items. This is not as easy as expected and will require some effort. We are working on it and expect this to be fixed around 21.10 release latest.
In the meantime a workaround would be to use a build agent that has Studio installed, and call the studio cmd to package.
Sry for the inconvenience, we are doing our best to get this solved as soon as possible.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @ThomasStocker ,

Please note that we have create a new urgent issue, due to missing support for basic components in UiPath 21.x, that causes the entire pipeline to fail…

Unexpected error has occurred during the library compilation process: Unable to create activity builder for Navigate_To_My_Ticket.xaml. Reason was 'Cannot create unknown type '{http://schemas.uipath.com/workflow/activities/uix}NApplicationCard'.'. 

After updating the UiPath workflow UiAutomation.Activites dependency to 21.x, the Jenkins plugin ( https://plugins.jenkins.io/uipath-automation-package/ ) is failing. The new components are not supported.

Daniel,
quick update from our side. We are in the process of fixing the issue for packaging object repository projects and expect a fix in the upcoming release by end of this week. We will keep you posted.

Daniel,
can you share the uipath project with us? (thomas.stocker@uipath.com)

@Daniel_Munch ,
it would really help us to fix the issue if you could provide the library project that leads to the error. If you cannot share it I would kindly ask you to get in touch via thomas.stocker[at]uipath.com, so that we can have a chat via zoom.
If we can get those details in a timely manner, we will be able to provide a fix in our upcoming release.
Thx in advance.