Bug in UiPath.Core.Activities.SAP.CallTransaction

Hi guys,

guess there is a BUG in UiPath.Core.Activities.SAP.CallTransaction - activtiy.
We recognized that transaction begin longer than 20 characters are cut down to 20 chars.

We are using some custom transactions in our location which contain like 21 charactars or more but unfortunatly we cannot using this nice activity due to this limitation and have to switch to a “normal” “Type-Into”-activity…

Hopefully this can be confirmed and fixed.

Kind regards,

HI @Senseo929

Let me check and come back to you

Best regards, Lev

Hi @Senseo929!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

1. Firstly, could you please tell me the versions of SAP GUI and UiAutomation that you are using?
  2. Could you please share more details on how the trimming manifests and how you noticed it? (a video would help)
  3. Could you please tell me how you are using the “Type Into” activity to get the desired result (simulate, window messages etc.)? (a video would help)
  4. I tried reproducing the behavior that you described and it seems that SAP is trimming the T-Code internally to 20 chars even if the transaction text box allows for more than 20 chars (as seen in the error message if you type a non-existent transaction). I also tried creating a custom transaction with more than 20 chars in SE93, but it is hard limited to 20 chars.
    Could you please tell me how you managed to create a 21+ chars T-Code?
1 Like

Correct @raduc

1 Like

@Senseo929

Good news! We have no BUGs in our SAP Activities :partying_face:

@raduc thanks for investigation
@StefanSchnell thanks for confirmation

Best regards, Lev

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.