Bot unable to open excel sheet

I have created a BOT which needs to open excel sheet and then perform task. It is running smoothly on office 2016, however recently I have upgraded to office 365, now BOT is unable to open the excel sheet from my desktop and throwing error and then stops by giving message to install excel application .

Do any one face similar situation and can help me out

1 Like

Hi @deepakshaw1991

Welcome to our UiPath Forum! :slight_smile:

We will need many more details to properly look into your issue.

Please provide as much information as per this topic:
Forum FAQ - Information to provide when reporting a bug

Try using workbook activities . it uses excel sheets without the microsoft excel

1 Like

Hi Swagasmini,

First of all I like to thank you for looking at the issues and giving suggestion for possible solution.

The bot just need to read excel sheet from desktop. When I was using office 2016 its able to read that, however we I upgrade the package to office 365, its throwing error.

Can you guide me how to use workbook activities to read an excel sheet from desktop. I have never worked around workbook activities.

I have attached the screenshot for the activity which I am using to read the excel file from desktop.

Please help me to solve this, I am stuck in this from long time and not get any solution from anywhere and this is the sole reason I have joined the community in hope for any possible solution.

Looking forward to your response.

Have a great day!!

1 Like

That should be quite easy to try :slight_smile:

Simply search for Read Range activity, and you will see two of them:

Use the bottom one. It will be enough to provide the path to the file, Sheetname and range:

It works without Excel even installed in the system :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t use excel application scope. Use read range
to read the sheet.
put the path of the sheet present in the location.
Put a output datatable activity after that .
then use message box or write line activity

1 Like

@Swagasmini_Jena

Hi Swagasmini,

Greetings of the day!!

I have updated the automation as suggested by you and glad to say that this has resolved the issue and now the automation is running fine and even more fast without even opening the excel file its getting the data from it. I was not aware that this minor change can work great.

I am really very thankful to you for helping me out of this problem.

I wish you all the success, happiness, and joy in life.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak

1 Like

Hi,

Greetings of the day!!

I have updated the automation automation with Workbook activity and its working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

I wish you all the success, happiness, and joy in life.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.