Bot faulting after type into command in SAP

I am making a bot that automates the P2P Process in SAP ECC. Everything is working just fine, except my bot will not execute past the type into activity inside the MIGO transaction. The activity clicks on the text box then executes a type into activity which types in the PO Number along with “enter”. Once the type into activity stops no other activity will begin and the execution faults. I have made sure the SAP Scripting is set to TRUE in RZ11, and I have tried a multitude of activities after the type into activity. Does anyone know why my bot keeps faulting?

@wolfe1bk

Welcome to the uipath community.

Check SimulateType option in properties of that Type Into activity and then check once.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply!

I have done this and am getting the following error: "RemoteException wrapping UiPath.Core.ElementOperationException: Cannot use UI_CONTROL_API on this UI node. Please use UI_HARDWARE_EVENTS method. —> RemoteException wrapping System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Cannot use UI_CONTROL_API on this UI node. Please use UI_HARDWARE_EVENTS method. "

Please see screenshots also.

Hi @wolfe1bk,

Based on the following post, try the SendWindowsMessages:

Regards.
PD

Hello @PD2,

When I check the SendWindowMEssages box the bot will not type anything into the text box at all. Please let me know what other solution ideas you have, thanks!

1 Like

@PD2, from what I can see from your screenshot, your application does not support enter after typing the PO number.
There is a search button next to the text field.

Did you try imitating the manual steps that you do to enter your PO number?
Do you type the PO number and click enter? or do you need to do more steps to fetch the PO?

Try using Send hotkey enter as a seperate activity if your manual process is to click on enter after typing
explore on the ‘search’ button that’s next to you text field