Big excel bug Read Range: There isn't a worksheet named

when i try to read a huge/big/enormous excel i’m facing an error like this:
Read Range: There isn’t a worksheet named “fake sheet name”

that sheet name does not related to my excel. If i do the excel smaller is working fine with the real sheet name no the invented by uipath errors

Have you tried increasing the timeout of the Read Range activity?

Hi Amanda, I’ve tried to reproduce this but I wasn’t able to trigger a similar error. I had a few follow up questions:

• How large is the excel sheet you are using in this workflow (i.e. number of rows, columns, its size)?
  • Is there a sheet named “Club y Transfer” within the Excel file?
  • Are there other activities in the workflow where we are using the sheet name “Club y Transfer”?

hi! thanks for your time

1. the excel sheet has aproximately 1.048.576 rows, 6 columns, 5,38 MB
  2. there isnt any “Club y Transfer” no sheets, no names nothing… i dont know from where is taking that name. it has some dinamycs formules maybe from there…
  3. nope. no folders, no files, no workflows…

I’ve created a sample sheet with >1 million rows but I was unable to reproduce this issue with the most recent version of the Excel activities (2.10.4), can you check which version you are using, and if it’s not the latest try updating? If it still reproduces after updating to 2.10.4, would it be possible for you to provide a sample project that reproduces this behaviour?

I’m getting different wordings on the exception than what you have. I’m using the latest versions of excel.
Which package do you have?

I had the same issue and I had another sheet with Pivots.
When I removed the sheet with pivots, the read range work it fine!

For some reason the Pivot give some problems with the Read Range. :thinking:

Hey @c0Ld , would you be able to provide a sample project for us to look into this?

Hi,

I was trying to achieve a sample of my project error, and I ended up to find what the error was about.

I was making in my robot an excel template, and both files had different sheet names, but the sheet with pivot is linked to the oldest one.

When I tried to get information on the newest file (read range), he give me that reading error.

ErrorSample.zip (20.0 KB)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @c0Ld ,

Thank you for the additional context, glad this issue is resolved! Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Raluca