Customization is one step closer to making your automations easier due to this feature.
You can Save as Template either a Process or a Library. You may wonder how does this help you?
- Create a custom process or library with a particular set of package dependencies
- Create a full custom project template with workflows included
- Essentially you can create your own custom REFramework directly from Studio.
- Templates are of 2 kinds: Library template and Process template
- Upgrading Studio keeps all your preferences
Let’s see an example: after creating your process that will be a template, you just click on Save as Template.
The following modal dialog will show up asking for details about your future-to-be-template:
Done! You can now see your saved template in the Studio Backstage:
Now the next time you want to create a Process based on your own template, just start from there. And the Name and Description will be the Default Project Name and Default Project Description that you have set initially when you created the template.
The same built-in templates will still exist and cannot be removed, but your custom ones can.
Tell us what you think, how would you improve this and how do you plan to use this feature. I’ll break the ice by saying that i would like to be able to share these templates with my colleagues in the future. There, i’ve said it! What else?
All the best!
Your team @ UiPath