This is a good question! But it is too broad a topic to answer all so I hope to address Bots only
IMHO, updates to Bots falls into two categories:
- Adhoc updates due to
- production fixes
- target application/system changes
- unforseen data that bot was not correctly train to handle
- Scheduled or controlled changes triggered by
- version upgrades
- refactoring the bot for standardization
- new governance rules
- hypercare (post-implementation phase)
There are already also lots of best practices questions and answers. I have listed a few below, please search the forum for more.
Lastly, best practices should be customized to suit your organizational requirements.