Best Practices for Web browser based automation

Hi,
I am trying to create UI automation on some web pages, there are several activities involved and mostly are UI based only.
Issue is that the server which hosts the websites are quite slow as it’s test or stage environment which eventually makes the web pages slow.
I have two questions on this

1. What are the best practices to handle this kind of situation ? I know we have option of wait attribute and also retry scope attribute, but both have limitations as well.
  2. My solution captures some screenshots for documentation purpose, as the web pages take time to load so sometimes the workflow can’t capture the screenshots properly, so in that case is it preferable to rerun the process to do the same transaction again or its better to throw error and end the transaction, which should be the best practices ?

I am using REFramework.

Any suggestion on this will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Debartha_Mitra_DE

Why would you use REFramework to create documentation (screenshots) ?

For documentation, I would create wireframes to explain the screen, controls/buttons, actions, etc.

1 Like

Hi @Debartha_Mitra_DE ,

You already have answer in your question.

The good way to do this is to use Element exist when new screen appears and give decent timeout.

OR

You can also use retry mechanism on page level if on 3 retries it will not work then throw exception So for ex- I am opening login page it should retry at least 3 times.

1 Like

I didnt use RE just for documentation purpose, my project is built on RE and client asked us to capture some web pages as well as part of the project requirement.
Can you tell me a bit more on wireframes ? How will I integrate it in UiPath ?

Thanks in advance.

the problem is the more I reload the web pages in retry scope the more it will make the web pages hard to load, as the stage server hosts the websites so the pages dont work properly when you reload it.

In that case what is best way to handle this ? or should I throw exception if elements do not appear ?

in the case of exception can I rerun the application again ? actually my client asked me the same question on rerun.

If loading time is more for each page of website then better to throw exception.

Login into application and moving to same page is again time consuming if you have already put retires on page level.