Best practice for repeating scheduled jobs when they overlap and avoid "pending jobs for this Process" email

Im looking for suggestions on how to avoid a email from Orchestrator saying
“could not create jobs. The robots already have pending jobs for this Process”

I have a critical process that if crash should be relaunch asap by the orchestrator (scheduled is 15min).

Since this process usually takes more time to finish than the 15min, the Orchestrator send a email for the the fail to start the other runs.

Hello @rjSampaio!

It seems that you have trouble getting an answer to your question in the first 24 hours.
Let us give you a few hints and helpful links.

First, make sure you browsed through our Forum FAQ Beginner’s Guide. It will teach you what should be included in your topic.

You can check out some of our resources directly, see below:

1. Always search first. It is the best way to quickly find your answer. Check out the image icon for that.
    Clicking the options button will let you set more specific topic search filters, i.e. only the ones with a solution.

2. Topic that contains most common solutions with example project files can be found here.

3. Read our official documentation where you can find a lot of information and instructions about each of our products:

4. Watch the videos on our official YouTube channel for more visual tutorials.

5. Meet us and our users on our Community Slack and ask your question there.

Hopefully this will let you easily find the solution/information you need. Once you have it, we would be happy if you could share your findings here and mark it as a solution. This will help other users find it in the future.

Thank you for helping us build our UiPath Community!

Cheers from your friendly
Forum_Staff

Hi @rjSampaio,
In orchestrator settings you can turn off email notifications:

Unless i can disable this specific type of email for this specific process, i dont think that its a solution we should use.

That’s why for specific emails I suggest to create some mail rules.

that is not viable to do for everyone that receive them, as it could be a real email.

what is the best/standard practice for this? other RPA schedulers have a option to only start or ignore when the job is not currently running. Theres no way around this other than blocking the email?

By rules I meant to create dedicated folder to which mails with fits to the designed template will be automatically moved as read for example.

Hi @rjSampaio - Just see if you get some help from Alerts . We can not have alert restrictions specific to a process.

1 Like

thx for the input @Pablito and @mahesh.kumar

@mahesh.kumar your solution is a litle dangerous as it would also prevent other job emails, especificaly fail/exeption terminated jobs.

i cant belive there is no other way, ignoring solutions related to hiding the email, no other ideas related to best pratice in this scenario? is virtual impossible im the only one that have a robot running 24/7 and still need a scheduled every x minutes to make sure its always running.