Beginner about Desktop recording malfunction

Hi,

I installed the UiPath Studio 2019.2.0 Community Edition. It’s installed in a MS Windows Server 2012 R2. I need to access from Windows Remote Desktop to launch this application. When I tried to test the Recording Desktop function, I click recording start. After click the Windows ‘Start’ button, the ‘Start’ desktop can be displayed However when I further click the down arrow icon and want to select the ‘Calculator’ program, it didn’t response. Now I’m being stuck on this stage so cannot proceed forward. Appreciate anyone can help. Thanks.

Ricky

@rickywong,

Use Start Process activity and specify .exe file path to open calculator application. And then use use desktop recording to record steps and it will give you output as sequence and place after that start process activity.

Hi,

I follow the Youtube tutorial video but without mention to specify .exe file path from beginning. It’s simple and just record my interaction how I launch the Windows application and then save the interaction what I’ve done. But now it didn’t work.

Ricky

@rickywong,

Could you please share that workflow with me and will check it.

Hi, how and where to specify .exe file path ? No idea. Thanks.

@rickywong,

Drag and drop Start Process activity from activities panel and then specify filename(.exe path) under input and it should be in double quotes.

1. Remote desktop to the Windows 2012 server.
  2. Launch UIPath Studio
  3. Click start → Process , I see new blank process
  4. Click create.
  5. Click the “Recording” icon. Then I choose desktop.
  6. I see the screen is changed and the mouse cursor like the finger.
  7. Click the left hand side “Start” button
  8. Change to “Start” screen
  9. Further click “Down” arrow , no response.
1 Like

I already follow the instruction you provided to drag and drop the start process and specify the calc.exe with full path , then click “Recording” button and choose desktop but no help. Same result.

HI @rickywong

You are trying to launch the calculator right…

So, once you are in the remote desktop… Maximize the screen…

1. Then, use the Hot Key activity with [Win] + [R] keys to launch the run command
  2. Once it appears… use a Type Into activity to type “Calc” in the command along with a enter key
  3. This will launch the calculator application

i guess this is much easier than navigating through the windows start menu…

Hi,

But if the case is, then I think it is not easy for my testing. My difficulties is I think it is simple to record the action but in fact I need use alternative way to overcome this simple action problem. Moreover I don’t know how many problem I’m facing for my further testing. Is it a bug ? Or environment problem ? I don’t know.

Ricky

Hi @rickywong

You are correct that not being able to automate the Start menu is a known bug and is not currently supported. However, the good news is that almost all actions can be performed without interaction with the Start menu, which makes is a minor issue that will be solved by our team.

For example, to open your Calculator app, I would suggest Open Application activity :slight_smile:

How can I trigger your screen in Windows Server 2012 ?

Hi,

I’m not sure UIPath is really support Windows Server 2012. I just tried to proceed simple recording on launch calculator and do some simple calculation. However when I run, no response and then also flow the runtime execution error.

@rickywong

It is part of Studio, see here:

As far as compatibility, here is the exact information:

Could you confirm that your version matches the requirements?

Following your instruction but still get error.

With error.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
, HResult -2147024894
09:20:26.4986 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [10] $LoadAssembly: UiPath.Vision, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Emgu.CV.World, Version=3.4.1.2984, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘Emgu.CV.World, Version=3.4.1.2984, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’
at System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.get_Signature()
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.get_PropertyType()
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#aFc(#Lrc #wAf, MemberInfo #xAf)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#cFc(#hsc #4Ub, Type #uAf)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#XEc(Assembly #sxc)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#iFc(Assembly #sxc)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.#30j(Assembly #sxc, IAssemblyName #4tc, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata #RDb)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Create(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata metadata)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.FileBasedAssemblyRepository.Create(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata metadata)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.FileBasedAssemblyRepository.GetOrCreate(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, String location)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.#uBh(Assembly #sxc, IAssemblyName #4tc, String #bVe)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Load(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Load(String fullName)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.ExpressionEditor.SyntaxService.LoadAssembly(LoadIntellisenseAssembliesContext context, String assemblyName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
, HResult -2147024894
09:20:27.9577 => [ERROR] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [10] $LoadAssembly: Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Auth, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘Microsoft.IdentityModel, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’
at System.Signature.GetSignature(Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandleInternal fieldHandle, IRuntimeMethodInfo methodHandle, RuntimeType declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.get_Signature()
at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.get_PropertyType()
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#aFc(#Lrc #wAf, MemberInfo #xAf)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#cFc(#hsc #4Ub, Type #uAf)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#XEc(Assembly #sxc)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.BinaryAssemblyLoader.#iFc(Assembly #sxc)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.#30j(Assembly #sxc, IAssemblyName #4tc, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata #RDb)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Create(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata metadata)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.FileBasedAssemblyRepository.Create(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, IBinaryAssemblyMetadata metadata)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.FileBasedAssemblyRepository.GetOrCreate(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName, String location)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.#uBh(Assembly #sxc, IAssemblyName #4tc, String #bVe)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Load(Assembly assembly, IAssemblyName assemblyName)
at ActiproSoftware.Text.Languages.DotNet.Reflection.Implementation.AssemblyRepositoryBase.Load(String fullName)
at UiPath.Studio.Plugin.Workflow.ExpressionEditor.SyntaxService.LoadAssembly(LoadIntellisenseAssembliesContext context, String assemblyName, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
, HResult -2147024894
09:20:30.3350 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities.Design, Version=19.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null to UiPath.UIAutomation.Activities.Design, Version=19.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
09:21:36.4954 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities, Version=19.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null to UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities, Version=19.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
09:21:36.4954 => [INFO] [UiPath.Studio.exe] [1] Redirected UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities, Version=19.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null to UiPath.UiAutomation.Activities, Version=19.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.