BalaReva Excel Activities v2019.10.1 - Problems

I am running UIPath v2019.10.3 and have installed BalaReva.Excel.Activities v2019.10.1. None of the activities actually work. There are no errors; they report successful execution in the “Execution Result” output variable, but nothing happens at all to the workbook. I have tried using both “Format Cells” and “AutoFit Columns”, but cannot get them to work. Is there a minimum version of UIPath that is required? Or Excel (I’m using 2016)? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @mdagosta,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback about my package. I respect it. This is the first time I heard like this. But it is good. I am using the enterprise version 2019.10.3 in my production. It is working well still now. Can you please share your workflow with the sample file. I will test and I will tell you what is the problem. Your uipath and excel versions are ok.

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Thanks so much for your response Balamurugan! I’m attaching the UIPath project and the Excel file for your review. Best regards, Mark

Test Bala Reva.zip (29.0 KB)

Hi @mdagosta,

You have used the “AutoFit Columns” and “Format Cells” inside uipath excel application scope the same.Definately it will not work .So don’t use the activities inside UiPath Excel Application scope.

As your screen shot.

The right one.

Input source :

Output :

I have done the changes in your attachment.

Test Bala Reva.zip (40.7 KB)

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

1 Like

Hi @balupad14

Does Change Cell Type Activity will Work with .csv ??

I am trying to do the following thing

If the inputs are like this 00123 then within csv after opening the file it should remain the same. But it omits the preceding two Zero’s (00) and only writes 123.Main.xaml (7.1 KB)

But the changes are visible only within message box and when we do this manually.
And i am expecting that it should also reflect within .csv file.

May you help with the same.

I am attaching the workflow below. Let me know if it is possible.
Practise Solutions for Forum.zip (1.7 KB)

Happy Automation :raised_hands:

Best Regards
Er Pratik Wavhal :robot::man_technologist:t4: :computer:

Hi @Pratik_Wavhal,
I didn’t test with csv. But I hope it will not work with csv. you have an option to change the format to value in the CSV,

Thank you
Balamurugan.S

Hi @balupad14

ok. Thank You for the Information.
Actually i was trying to do it with UiPath itself.

you have an option to change the format to value in the CSV,

Means you are saying that by opening csv and change it manually ??

Happy Automation :raised_hands:

Best Regards
Er Pratik Wavhal :robot::man_technologist:t4: :computer:

1 Like