Backwards compatibility issue with MS Word 2010 after upgrading to UiPath Studio 21.10.0

Hello everyone,

It seems to me that the latest verion of UiPath is not fully backwards compatibile with activities for MS Office 2010, specifically when MS Office 2010 is running in administrator mode (which is a default must for my purposes).

I am getting the following system error when using MS Word 2010 set to ‘run this program as an administrator’ ENABLED in file properties AND UiPath.Studio.exe set to ‘run this program as an administrator’ DISABLED in file properties:

ERROR MESAGE: “Word Application scope activity: Error opening document, make sure Word application is installed. If already installed, an Office Repair may be required.”

One the other hand, I am getting a different system error when both MS Word 2010 AND UiPath.Studio.exe are each set to ‘run this program as an administrator’ ENABLED in file properties:

ERROR MESSAGE: “RemoteException wrapping System.Exception: Cound not start executor.”

FYI, the same workflow worked just fine before updating to 21.10.0, having the following DEFAULT settings:

1. MS Word 2010 is set to ‘run this program as an administrator’ ENABLED in file properties
  2. UiPath.Studio.exe set to ‘run this program as an administrator’ DISABLED in file properties

I am only having problems with the latest version update of UiPath Studio (ver 21.10.0).
Unfortunately, after this update, falling back to an older version does NOT seem to make a difference to the outcome.

Is there a version control problem with UiPath Studio?
More importantly, is there any way out of this?

Your kind help would be much appreciated!

img_workflow|533x299