Background Type into using the send windows messages

Hi Guys

I am trying to type text into a windows application in the background using the type into activity. But using the simulate click property does not type the text in the correct area of the application and the send windows message does not seem to key in the @ symbol. I do not know it keys in this ’ symbol instead of @

Can anyone help?

@bobby,

Is there any reason to type in the background, if you want to do something parallel then you can try with Parallel activity and then type.

1 Like

I want it to run using an unattended robot. Thats what I mean about background.

@bobby,

Could you tell us what exactly you want to type into that text box of the Windows application

1 Like

sorry buddy
was in a call thats why wasnt able to reply you in message
–fine
Is that type into places within the attach window activity
Cheers @bobby

I basically want to type an email address. The windows application is powershell. I know about the invoke powershell activity but I cannot use it as it needs to done through clicks and type intos

1 Like

hi @bobby

use set text instead of type into it works fine.

Regards
Ajay

1 Like

It does the same thing as the type into. It types it in the title part of the application. Inside of the body part.

Can you guys please try it on your machines. If do not mind. I basically have an attach window, connected to powershell. Then using a type into activity to key in an email address using the send windows message property checked and also tried the simulate type one. The send windows messages works but unable to key in the @ symbol and the simualte key just goes off the mark and places the test in the title bar. As default setings evething works but I want to run this an unattended so I need these properties checked?

1 Like

FIne
lets do one thing
–use a SET TO CLIPBOARD activity where pass the string that we want to type in as a input string
–this will set the string to clipboard
–now use SEND HOT KEY with key as ctrl+v which will paste that inside the shell, by selecting that element

Cheers @bobby

4 Likes

That works, cheers man. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh
Awesome
We did it
Cheers @bobby

1 Like

Yes we did it. More like you did it, thanks. See also to press enter to confirm changes. Can that be done in the same send hot key?

1 Like

Yah of course
@bobby

1 Like

How do you do that?

send hot key activity with key as enter
Cheers @bobby

1 Like

It does not work togther. image

the input wont take v along with enter
use two separate send hot keys one with ctrl+v and another with enter alone
Cheers @bobby

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.