Background process

Hi Friends,

Please help me with my small query. I am already having 5 unattended licenses but not even a single license works for background process! It only works for foreground process and for background it works perfectly fine through assistant then what could be the issue!

Regards,
Hemal

Hi

Unattended license are supposed to run in unattended- background mode
Did we try running the process from orchestrator

What kind of issue or challenge we are facing while running in unattended mode from orchestrator

Cheers @hemal

Hey ,

Yes I have tried from orchestrator with my unattended license but it is not getting started and going with pending state but foreground process executes successfully.
Once the process goes in pending state, after sometime I delete that job and try with Assistant, and it executes perfectly!

Thanks,
Hemal

1 Like

Great

You are almost done

Pls check with these condition and let know if still issue occurs

Cheers @hemal

1 Like

Hey thanks for your quick response.
But as I said my foreground process works perfectly so it means I have assigned unattended license perfectly.
Again I checked all the things but nothing I have missed still background is not working but foreground is working.

Thanks.

It would be great if you could redo the same steps
Being unattended bot it will work for sure

Cheers @hemal

Sure. I got it but I again done the same steps but it is not working at all as I haven’t missed any. I have created a different folder to check if it’s correct or no but not working.

Thanks

Hmm

Fine what is the status coming in UiPath assistant

@hemal

It is showing pending. One more thing is I am doing background process for example purpose only where I have added a message box only. So is it because of message box or something?

Well not really

Can you share the screenshot of your robot in orchestrator

@hemal

Sure… please find some attached screenshots.
Username is @domain

Thanks.

This looks fine

Can I have a view on robot inside settings like
To check whether correct domain name is mentioned or not
And also the status in Assistant
It will show as Connected, Licensed
Or is it showing as Connected, Unlicensed

Cheers @hemal

Please find the attached :

IMG_20220123_155034

Two more Screenshots sharing :

Machine key is not mentioned in UiPath assistant as you can see in last before screen shared

1. Disconnect the bot from assistant

2. Get the machine key from orchestrator under tenants → machine tab and try connecting again

Cheers @hemal

That is not the issue. The only thing is, it is not visible but without machine key there is no chance for showing connected with licensed right. And other thing is as i said previously it is working with foreground process so if machine key wasn’t proper then it should not get connected even!!

So there is no fault of machine key.

Thanks.

Anyways thanks for all your support. I am checking with creating one more background process which doesn’t contain message box as I read that sometimes background process doesn’t work perfectly.

I think the issue has been resolved. Because I was sure that the issue is coming only in background process while running from orchestrator as in unattended mode, so i have given some log messages then it works fine but only with some Excel activities it doesn’t work perfectly.

One more thing is as I said that foreground process works perfectly from orchestrator with having unattended license so yes.
Only need to search out the reason for background processes and i think it might be a fault in UiPath . Hopefully it will get resolved in next version.

Thanks !

Hi @hemal ,

Maybe because of the Reasons mentioned in the Note Section in the image below you are facing the issue.

The Note is from the Background Process Documentation.

Hmm
So are you using a Background process template or a normal template for this project

Or you mean unattended as background

And is your process having any UI Interactions

@hemal