AWS Activities

Hi,
I have been trying to use Amazon activities .
When I was trying to launch an Instance from Template. I came across this error,Can anyone let me know what the issue is.

Source: Create Instance from Launch Template

Error: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

Exception Type: UiPath.AmazonWebServices.Core.AWSException

RemoteException wrapping UiPath.AmazonWebServices.Core.AWSException: An error has occurred. Please check the logs.
Error: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list. —> RemoteException wrapping System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
at System.String.FormatHelper(IFormatProvider provider, String format, ParamsArray args)
at System.String.Format(String format, Object args)
at UiPath.AmazonWebServices.Services.Ec2InstanceService.d__16.MoveNext()
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at UiPath.AmazonWebServices.Activities.AWSActivity`1.EndExecute(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.System.Activities.IAsyncCodeActivity.FinishExecution(AsyncCodeActivityContext context, IAsyncResult result)
at System.Activities.AsyncCodeActivity.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityData.CompleteAsyncCodeActivityWorkItem.Execute(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager)

and in addition if i need to start or stop an instance with the help of Instance ID. Is it possible.
Thanks

Hi @663910

@manaspandey, can you please have a look into this issue?

@663910 To start / stop an instance you first call Get Instance by ID and pass the output to Start Instance / Stop Instance activity.

Hi @ovidiuponoran
The start or stop activity works fine
Where’s launch from template activity is the one I am getting this error

@663910 There might be some permission issue for you with templateId. Are you able to create instance using same templateId using AWS console? Also, please check if you are able to successfully run “Create Instance” activity.

Hi @Anshu_Kumar

I can able to create from Aws console as well as from aws CLI in my local

Hi @663910, did you check “create instance” activity?

@663910 can you please send to Anshu the workflow so we can see exactly how you are setting the parameters for the activity? Thanks.