Virtual Automation Bootcamp with StudioX - Handling Patient Information

In this Use Case, you combined quite a lot of automation techniques:

• You used data extraction to extract URLs, and then you had the robot download multiple files.
  • You used data from the downloaded files to populate a Word template that you later used in an email body.
  • You used data from a downloaded file to populate the fields of an app.
  • You used a wildcard to replace a set of characters from an URL.

How useful did you find these practices, and what will you use in your own task automation projects?

For any technical question , please create a new topic in the StudioX category here .

I was able to build the first task but was unable to test it as I get a 404 on the xlsx file links. I instead compared what I had built against the solution and was pretty much identical.

The second task was more successful as the CSV was available.

All in a great set of activities. Really validated what I have been learning so far.

I was able to set the workflow up correctly but after the first iteration of typing into each of the form fields I received an error that states that all fields need to be filled in before pressing the “Save Details”. If I press “OK” on the error the automation continues as normal but then I get the error again. I was using Chrome as my browser and am assuming this is a glitch of some sort.

Same here.solution provided in the course is not working…Can anyone help?

Hello.

Yes, I am getting the same error at the time of submit. if we force click on the OK, the program starts to process the next record, however i am afraid the previous record was never saved or submitted ( as in the case of all the records which populates this error).

Looked at the page source and it seems some validation is happening but not sure what exactly - as in the screenshot below

Solution provided too results in the same issue.

Any workaround or help on this is much appreciated.

Cheers.

I had the same issue with the current record not being fully submitted before the next record began to populate. I tried a few things. What eventually worked for me was to use a Tab and Enter Keyboard Shortcut from the last field instead of the Click to submit the record. I also added a 2 second Delay for good measure.

1 Like

For the 2nd task, I added a 2 second delay as well at the start of the loop, but somehow still got caught off guard by one of the data not entering before the next one being entered. Perhaps there’s a better way but I was thinking of adding a delay on each step, some milliseconds.

Same here. I have to added 5s delay to avoid the error of not all info being filled or can’t find the Social number. I moved the report file from download folder to project folder to make it clean.

Use this way. image

If you add a delay in it may prevent the error. I saw that my automation would start filling out the fields before the page updated from the last entry so the first couple fields were blank. Adding a 3 sec delay solved it for me.

I got the same error randomly twice. i clicked skip and it continued from next record. Seems like adding delay will help.

I was able to complete both exercises with no errors. On the first part though I was able to add the list of emergencies in the word document in a table but without headings for each column. I ended Up writing the headings in the excel file one by one with a Write Cell action which did the job but is not as clean. Did anyone found any other workaround?

On the 2nd task, is there a way to check if the fields are empty before inputting the next patient’s info?

can’t extract URL data in the first task. can you please advise, where is the option to extract as urls?

Hi, try this one.

I don`t know what is the problem with the task of Handling patient Information. I am stuck with the part of when It copies to the excel the link to download from each patient.

The last task when it add the patients, sometimes it jumps the patient social number and the error occurs.

Can anyone help me pleasE?

I am running into similar issues as the others. My work looks like the solution, but the solution does not work. I understand what the bots are supposed to be doing, but without a working solution, I’m not sure what my error is.

Manage to complete the 2x tasks/exercises:
a) Forward Appointment Information: a nice use-case, like the combination of Extract Table Data, download of files, checking and extraction (Excel) of content, Word document as template and use of Outlook.
b) Fill the National Insurance Planning tool: a good use-case on a bot filling up a Web-App form, had issues with “misses”, particularly at the start with “Social Number” and the error/s were spotted for “retry”. Added 2secs delay seems to resolve the issue.

when I do the first project 'forward appointment information", if I use “extract table data” to get the download links into scratchpad, I always get the first header row in the file which made project stop as the column B is not the download address. I can’t see how the solution file use this ‘extract table data’ function to remove the header line? who can tell me how to do it?

The patient information task was great but it does take a lot of time to set it up but overall it was a great walkthrough