Automation Ops - Pipelines GA announcement

Automation Ops - Pipelines - GA Release Announcement
:loudspeaker: We are thrilled to announce the General Availability of Automation Ops Pipelines! This release introduces UiPath’s built-in CI/CD engine, designed to streamline the automation development lifecycle. Crafting your Pipeline is a breeze; simply create your automation using your preferred tool: Studio or Studio Web.

With Automation Ops Pipelines, each new version of your automation undergoes a series of essential steps, including static analysis, validation, and unit test executions, ensuring robustness and reliability.

Managing multiple environments such as Development, UAT, and Production has never been easier, thanks to integrated approval steps in Action Center seamlessly woven into the pipelines.

In this release, we’ve prioritised enhancing the overall user experience of our UiPath Cloud service. Expect improved integration with Source Control and enhanced pipeline execution logging for smoother operations.

Notably, the freshly minted activity package UiPath.Pipelines.Activities 2.0.0 uses the 23.10 Studio Standalone Packager, enabling the stamping of built packages with the source code commitSha signature. This facilitates better tracking of automation source code, transparency and accountability.

Embrace convenience with pre-configured templates available in Studio and soon in Studio Web. Stay ahead of the curve with our built-in pipelines conveniently accessible in the Marketplace.
To learn more about it, check our documentation .

Take a look at this fresh demo we’ve showcased at DevCon last month (the Pipelines part starts aroung 40:00) :

10 Likes

Hello I’ve looked entire video and this looks very promising.

In my company our source control is GitLab.
Do you have any plan to integrates GitLab as well as GitHub in a near future ? We are also interested to integrate with GitLab for the Test Suite part ( manage defects ).

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @Matt67 ,
We are looking into adding Pipelines support for other source control system providers, but there is no clear timeline for this.

1 Like

Isn’t Github already supported? In fact, it might have been the first one, then Azure DevOps

1 Like

GitHub and Azure are supported already. By others, I meant other than these currently supported ones (i.e., GitLab)

1 Like

You can integrate your UiPath projects with Gitlab CI using the git integration features in studio and you execute them in pipelines using the UiPath CLI. We have done this and it works well. There’s even a junit convertor built in for the CLI return response to create test results that work in gitlab.

1 Like

same. we’re using Harness.io for some of our customers and used the CLI to build a custom pipeline. i don’t think it will be sustainable long term for UiPath to support all DevOps tools

1 Like

I really like this new feature. I am looking forward to trying it out. I have already built some CICD pipelines but if I can just use the UiPath one built into Orchestrator and integrated very easily that would be much better. The main pipeline that I am looking for is:

1. Write new code, new feature, bug fix, etc.
  2. Code is then processed and tests are run, everything checks out.
  3. If it was a library that was improved, then run tests on each of those processes to ensure the new changes didn’t break anything.
  4. Automatically update all processes and publish to Orchestrator and update the current process to use the newly tested one.
  5. All done!

Is that how this new pipelines feature will work? Will it work for my use case? Do you have any tips or comments to share on how I can achieve that with this new feature? Is it as easy as just clicking a single button when I’m done writing my new feature / bug fix?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @oscar ,

For updates on automations that are not referenced by others, it will work just like that.

For libraries, that are, in turn, used by other automations, #4 above, we don’t yet have an out-of-the-box solution to automatically detect those processes, update their reference to the library and store the updated code back to source control.

How do you solve this today? What problems do you encounter?

Alex

1 Like

What you mentioned there is exactly what I have been working on. I’m sorry I don’t have enough time to properly explain how I do this now, but please take note that this is a very important requirement for any proper pipeline. If UiPath really wants developers to use UiPath Libraries, then it should give Libraries first class support in terms of automated CI/CD pipelines and testing. Thanks.

1 Like