Automation in WideOrbit

Does anyone have experience using UiPath to automate WideOrbit?

I was attempting to do a proof of concept today, but ran into a wall when the results pane from a search shows up as one big UI element, similar to SAP without scripting enabled. Since the search results are dynamic, it’s a bit more challenging than a static transaction code pane.

The process requires selecting multiple items on screen at once for bulk processing. Individual elements cannot be selected, but I was able to sort columns by using Click Image. Scraping for full text comes back empty. Data Scraping wizard doesn’t support the pane. I tried Find Image Matches, assigned an output variable, and then used For Each item in matches, but the test run is only clicking on some of the items. Any suggestions?

Have you tried any of the CV activities? It sounds like they could be useful here.

I have not. Is that the intelligent OCR package?

No, it’s this one:

It’s slower, but I’ve found it to be pretty accurate in spots where traditional scraping fails.

1 Like

Thank you. That seems to be a step in the right direction. Now I just need to figure out how to make it work with a For Each.

1 Like

Let me know if you have any other questions. I’m not familiar with WideOrbit but I’ll help where I can.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.