Automation fails after filling 207 pdf forms correctly using adobe acrobat Reader DC

In my automation, the bot fills a pdf form opened in Adobe acrobat Reader DC (32 bit) and signs it, then closes the file. The bot functions perfectly for the first 207 files. When it opens 208th file, the bot is not able to identify the editable form field and Type into activity fails. After this, If I manually try to edit the pdf form, it simply doesn’t work. To make it work, I need to restart the machine.

Did anyone faced this issue.

Thank you in advance for the help.

What about implementing some exception handling where if that issue is identified based off of a conditional then the process force kills the adobe processes and restarts it.

If you’re using the REFramework it would be easy to implement this and have your automation Retry the failed transaction, for example.

The process is already in RE Framework and exception is handled. If an exception happens, the bot kills pdf process and goes to next item in queue. Killing the pdf process is not solving the issue. Same issue repeats for next item.

@Shalini_KK

Can you run the only transaction which is failing and check the difference

Hope this may help you

Thanks

It is not able to detect the element. The closes match found are <wnd aaname = ‘8.50 x 11.00 in> cls =‘Static’ title = ‘8.50 x 11.00 in’/>. At this point, we are not able to manually type into any of the field.