Automation does not work as it should

Hi Team,

Not sure why I facing this error…Once the invoice is download it should go to that folder and copy the data from notepad and paste it in the file…not happenig?

1 Like

Fine
may i know where we are facing issue
@jimmy_jos1

Hey @jimmy_jos1
In your Read File Text Activity you are passing a variable or String?

if passing variable which is you are assigning just before it then you do not have to use " "
with it.
or
if you are passing a file path then you have to use a text file extension as well like “abc.txt”

Regards…!!
Aksh

1 Like

Not getting the text file data in format…

Complete text file is appearing in column A??

PLease help

Hi Team,

I am trying to copy data from text to excel , i am able to paste the data but the complete text file appear on column A…its not splitting to 10 columns…please explain

hi @jimmy_jos1

use add datarow activity to write the text data into an excel file. if you unsure how to do that do let me know.

Happy Learning😊
Achal Sharma

1 Like

@Achal_Sharma

look at the error I am facing …image

I want something like this…image

hi @jimmy_jos1

firstly split the text data using Split Function in assign activity

your_text_data_variable.Split({" ",newline},StringSplitOptions.None)
here newline = Environment.NewLine

Collect the output of the Split function into an array of string. And then using add data row to write into excel file.

Happy Learning😊
Achal Sharma

1 Like

@ Achal_sharma

Didn’t get you… I am using Assign and read range activity and excel application scope and write cell…

were to add your split function??

@jimmy_jos1

after read text file activity use assign activity and split function there and assign the output of split function to an array of string.

1 Like

Hello @jimmy_jos1
You can do this Using generate data table Activity. You have to Make following Changes in the properties.

• To separate The columns You can Use Space .
    And To separate Rows you can Use NewLine.
    For your Understanding i have attached a workflow.Test.zip (1.4 KB)
    Thanks & Regards
1 Like

@jimmy_jos1,

Try to write it in a CSV instead of excel with a perfect seperator you have. that will do the trick.

You can use the above method as well as @jitendra_123 mentioned.