Automating download of files sometimes fails if download takes too long to load

I need to download files in Internet Explorer that have an undefined amount of loading time. When I press the export button, this loading bar should pop up at the botton, and I click save.

I have a simple sequence that clicks the export button, then clicks the Save button. This works when the bar shows up immediately for small files, but when the file I need is particularly big, the sequence messes up. It will “click” the button (the process seems to trigger, as it’s able to move on to the next download without issue), but the file never gets downloaded onto my computer, and the download bar never progresses to the usual “Open, Open Folder View Downloads” selection.

Why does this happen, and how do I work around it? Here’s what my sequence currently looks like for the downloading process.

Hi,

You have to use the On Element Appear after you click the Download button and wait for the “Downloaded Window” to appear at the bottom of the browser window.

In the On Element Appear, you can point the robot to look for the Open or Save Button.

4 Likes

Hi Andy, this worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

I also realized I was using the Element Exists improperly. The function returns a boolean, but I was never using that boolean anywhere, so it was essentially doing nothing.

Again, many thanks for your help!

1 Like

Awesome! Glad I could help!

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.