Automating account creation project - extract data from excel file and enter in desktop application

Hi all,

I am new to the UiPath and see few tutorials.

I know we can extract the data from excel or csv but i am yet looking for a way to put it in the desktop application.
to extend the topic, there are multiple applications where we need to enter the excel row data one by one.

Once it is done, we will publish it on orchestrator and schedule it on a daily basis.

Can you please advice on below?

a-Which kind of project type we should go for. 1- Sequence 2- Flowchart
b-Do we need any other specific packages to be installed
c-Can we automate in pieces on different machines and merge it once all the scenarios are automated.
d-How can we use the logging?

Thanks,

Yes this can be done.

a-Which kind of project type we should go for. 1- Sequence 2- Flowchart
You can first design the algorithm of steps what you want to accomplish and prepare a design this will have flowcharts and sequences both based on the necessity.

b-Do we need any other specific packages to be installed
As per the problem statement I dont think this is required

c-Can we automate in pieces on different machines and merge it once all the scenarios are automated.
Yes can design such that to have a seperate workflow. And each workflow can be integrated using invoke workflow file activity

d-How can we use the logging?
UiPath has an activity for logging with different levels.

Thanks Priyanka for the quick response. It helps me getting more closer to the actual work we are going to handle through UiPath.

before that we used RPA Express (Workfusion) that has its own limitations but that was pretty simple by adding a keyword, clicking mouse on one field to identify, get excel data in datarow variable type and so on.

In UiPath, it is more advance but i am not getting any example of my problem or any video for that.

My current problem is to see if UiPath can help us in data entry operations by reading thousand of data from excel file. offcourse, logging, emailing, exception handling, looping, all will be used in it.

@humayunmalik, In case if you have missed it,

we do have UiPath Academy

Regards,
Dominic :slight_smile:

@Dominic , Thanks

Can you please specify the tutorial where it covers my problem i.e. Getting excel data and put it in the desktop applications (multiple dependent forms).

@humayunmalik, Really it will be very helpful if you go through all the tutorials. But if you want excel & datatable related then Lesson 9 is for you.

Regards,
Dominic :slight_smile: