Automated Schools Tasks

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help, I am not sure if this is even possible but I think it is with OCR.

I work in a school and we have to write subject/tutor reports. There are about 300 of these reports that need to be proof read for grammar mistakes and quite often the misuse of his/her or him/she or the use of the correct name.

It seems to me that it should be possible to create a process that would scan a body of text, check for grammar and nouns of the students. Would it also be possible to check gender neutral names for instance Jamie or Jude can be either gender, would it be possible for a process/bot to check this name against a gender?

Information I can gain:
Year
Name
Written Report

I don’t mind learning/investing in the time to learn the steps required, I just do not want to waste time if it is not possible.

Thanks!

Dave

Will this be Handwriting recognition? Sure will be hard see this tho, you can start your study by testing the accuracy of the ocr, but is doable for sure, depending on the material to be recognized ofc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey bcorrea,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Thankfully it wont be handwritten reports, just reports typed up by tutors.

Will it be OCR? Can this be done on a Community membership or an enterprise?

In terms of functionality community will be able to perform the same, but licensing i am not sure… If you only have those in paper then will be ocr for sure, but wont need to the one i suggested before, the ones built in will do the job.