For a project, I was wondering if I could use UiPath Studio and Orchestrator to create user certificates using certmgr.msc in Windows. I need to create 100 certificates for 100 users and hoped some automation could help. I admit–I’m new to UiPath so I’m hoping someone with more experience can weigh in and tell me if this is even possible before I spend time trying to figure this out.
The process is:
- Log in as the user. (I assume this is specified when I create the robot)
- Open certmgr.msc
- Go into Personal folder.
- Right Click, select Additional Tasks-Request new certificate.
- Click Next, then Next again.
- Select the Enrollment Policy Template and click the drop down arrow to the right of Details.
- Click Properties.
- Click Private Key then the drop down to the right of Cryptographic Service Provider.
- Uncheck all entries other than the one you wish to use.
- Click Apply, OK, then Enroll.
- Enter the partition password in the pop up window for that user and click OK.
- Click Finish. Close certmgr.msc window and log out of the machine.
If I have a robot set up per user for that machine, will such a process be able to be built? Is there a way to change to use a different user for the login and therefore create a certificate for the second user?