Why is Auto updating client components not working for all Users/Robots?
- Orchestrator URL not added during setup of Studio / Robot in User Mode
- Additional configuration for Robots sitting behind a proxy is missing
- When services UiPath.UpdateService.Worker.exe & UiPath.UpdateService.Agent.exe are not running
- When Update Policy is set to None for the Machine in the Orchestrator.
Resolution: Orchestrator URL not added during setup of Studio / Robot in User Mode,
- If the URL is not added during the installation it can be added in UpdateServer.Json file locate in "%localappdata%\UiPath\UpdateService" or "C:\ProgramData\UiPath\UpdateService" post upgrade.
Additional configuration for Robots sitting behind a proxy is missing:
- Validate if there is a Proxy being used on the machine where the Robot is installed( information can be found under Proxy Settings of the Robot Machine). If there is a proxy found, configure the Proxy as per the Auto Updating Client Components.
When services UiPath.UpdateService.Worker.exe & UiPath.UpdateService.Agent.exe is not running:
- Depending on the type of Studio/Robot installation, they are installed run in a different way,'
- Unattended Robot: UiPath.UpdateService.Worker.exe is installed as Windows Service and UiPath.UpdateService.Agent.exe is not installed.
- Attended Robot: UiPath.UpdateService.Worker.exe is installed as Windows Service; UiPath.UpdateService.Agent.exe is installed as LogOn Task in Task Scheduler.
- Quick Install (user mode): UiPath.UpdateService.Worker.exe and UiPath.UpdateService.Agent.exe are installed as LogOn Tasks in Task Scheduler.
- Make sure that the above mentioned services are running in Services.Msc of the Robot machine
When Update Policy is set to None for the Machine in the Orchestrator
- Refer update policy from the Managing Machines - Adding A Machine Template and make sure that the Update Policy is defined to the Machine which is used by the user or the group.