Auto start and display custom messages

Hi,

As per the release notes the 2018 version has provision for auto start and to display custom messages. I need to understand how (which activities etc) to use these functionalities.

Thanks,
Waheeb

Hi @waheebc

You can run your process via a command line, which combined with the Windows Scheduler should allow you to auto-start your processes.

As to the reporting functionality, see ReportStatus activity :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info @loginerror
I tried using “Report Status” activity. I couldn’t see any messages in the robot tray. Do I need orchestrator for that?

Edit : I managed to display it in the tray. Now by any chance is there a possiblity to keep the tray visible all the time. It hides automatically when the process is running.

Thanks,
Waheeb

Hi @waheebc

Edit : I managed to display it in the tray. Now by any chance is there a possiblity to keep the tray visible all the time. It hides automatically when the process is running.

This small addition is included in 2019.4. If plausible, you can already test it out in our Community Edition beta channel.
It includes an extra option under the right click menu that will keep your agent open even if you click away from it:

1 Like