Auto renaming of the activities

Hi,

As part of good coding guidelines, it is recommended to rename the activities in UiPath to enhance the readability and maintainability of the code. For example:
should be renamed to

one more example:

should be renamed to

As of now developers are renaming these manually. It is taking enormous amount of time.

It would be fantastic if UiPath itself renames certain activities by itself. I know it would be difficult to rename every activity, but some activities can definitely be renamed automatically.

Hi @Hawkins,
Thank you for your suggestion. I added it to our internal ideas tracker for our team to consider.

2 Likes

@Hawkins, that’s time-saving idea for users/developers !
I like to suggest also:

1. Click [property value] of tag/aaname/etc of leaf selector
  2. Type into [property value] of tag/aaname/etc of leaf selector
  3. Send hotkeys [property value] of tag/aaname/etc of leaf selector

@GreenTea That would be great!!

This is needed. Even just if the activities in a project were automatically numbered like some of the other RPA software, that when if an activity fails you always know what is malfunctioning in the bot - saves both developer and debugging time.

1 Like

These aren’t very good names though. A better name for the If would be to briefly describe what it’s checking and why. Making them automatic wouldn’t give much quality for the naming.

1 Like

If you set logging to verbose it’ll give you excruciating detail that makes manually naming the activities unnecessary. You’ll know exactly which activity failed - it tells you.