Auto back up interval and Publish Project Timeout fields in Settings tab

Hi Friends,

I am checking the features under settings tab and what is the fields Autoback up interval and publish project timeout where it is exactly applying and I don’t see my code is autobacked up. I changed the time to 2 seconds for publish project timeout and still the project is getting published. Could someone explain what is the importance of these fields?

Thanks,
Ula

@Boopathi
I believe the Auto backup interval is for recovery in case Studio crashes.

And the project should be getting published even if the timeout is 2 seconds (or even 1 second) as long as you have a reasonable internet connection.

Hi @DanielMitchell

May i know where the backed up data will be saved and also what is the purpose of project timeout if it gets published so long the internet connection is active.

Thanks,
Ula

@Boopathi
It’s backed up in the same folder as the xaml you are editing. If you edit Main.xaml then a file ~Main.xaml will be created until you save the changes to Main.xaml. Once changes are saved the backup is no longer needed so it is deleted.

The timeout affects whether or not the project gets published. My point was that the actual connection to Orchestrator should only take fractions of a second so you’re not hitting the timeout when you are entering a value of 1 or 2 seconds. The timeout doesn’t take into account the few seconds it takes to compile the project.

2 Likes

Thanks @DanielMitchell !

When i open the folder with my project in it having made a modification to the project, no file with a “~” at the front of it appears. Any ideas why?