My use case is simple:
- Build an attended BOT which reads excel row item and update info on a web app.
- Specialist who runs it in PROD is not supposed to share this sheet with others.
- So input sheet and work is specific to each individual specialist i.e. work cannot shared with others.
- So we have decided to avoid queues to keep it simple (avoids encryption as it has customer data)
- Is this correct approach- avoiding queues as work is specific to individual and cannot be shared?
- Any significant advantages of using queues in this case?
- Can we report metrics to Kibana w/o using queues? we are looking for no. of row items processed/failed/passed etc.?
- Are queues tied to Kibana reporting?
Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks.