Attach browser -how to loop for several activities

Hi all

acitivity is inside the loop, for each ASIN no, it has to click the “review count” soo, inside ( aaname =‘*’ , it is unable to locate , but if I specify the aaname="216109’ —it works, but while looping it gets stuck,

if I put ‘*’ it works for 2 values in loop and stops at 3rd value , if I select the exact value, without * , it won’t navigate to next no, y?

1 Like

hey

try removing the space between : and * in the amazon title like this: Amazon.com:*

do it for both values title and aaname

regards!

oh… Thanks a lot for the quick reply. I will try

Hey @Nithyakavitharan_T

You are using two window titles in the activity inside attach browser that’s causing the issue.

Normally it should be a Partial Selector type setup should be used when we use Attach Browser and Child activities inside it.

Whereas Attach Browser will hold the window/app selector of the webpage or app & the child activities should have only the actual target element selector without the top window selector.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
#nK

1 Like

Can u send a sample if possible

thanks
Nithya

1 Like

Hey @Nithyakavitharan_T

Is it possible to share your project?

Thanks
#nK

Pls find the attachment below

My whatsapp : +94778112840
email id : Nithyakalakavitharan@gmail.com

Nithya

Sequence_pt14bReviewChart.xaml (25.3 KB)

1 Like

It didn’t work out.

Thanks
Nithya

1 Like

Hey @Nithyakavitharan_T

Kindly show the exact activity & it’s selector to troubleshoot.

Thanks
#nK

The dynamic selector ‘*’ is not working in all cases. why?

1 Like

Hey @Nithyakavitharan_T

Check if you have column name for the same, that should be mentioned for sure.

#nK

Thanks for your reply Nithin, I have a column name. “Review count” stil I am unable to select the relevant item.

1 Like

Hey @Nithyakavitharan_T

Kindly show us the selector ?

Thanks
#nK

@Nithyakavitharan_T To select the relevant item the selector should has aaname which helps the bot to identify easily.

Can you run in the debug mode with selector has aaname and see exactly at where the bot is stucking

@Nithyakavitharan_T , here in your selector you have added aaname=‘*’ so the script will get confused to click on the correct value. Instead of that you have to pass the value which you are getting to the selector(aaname)… That way you can make the selector dynamic and click on the correct value.

Thanks a lot, sample as how to pass values dynamically

Nithyakala

Is it working now??

Hi can you please send me a sample code , how to select(aaname)

CAn you refer to the below video

UiPath- Dynamic selectors |How to pass variables & Wildcards in selectors|Interview Questions

Thanks a lot. I will go through it.

Nithyakala