Async Activities Written in C#

Any chance that I could get examples of using IAsyncResult BeginExecute(…) and void EndExecute(…) methods?

I’m trying to create several Activities to use in some of our automations and the Activities has to call into a class library which have asynchronous methods.

I haven’t been able to find any “real world” examples…only Microsoft’s basic example of using a FileStream and writing to a file. I’ve tried to make mine as close to their’s as possible but it’s not working and I’d really like to see how it’s done specifically when integrating with UiPath.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @bdubs

I made your message public so that any potential answer can also help other users :slight_smile:

I will invite @DeanMauro to this topic who might have more information to share.

1 Like

Use the Activity Creator and all your activities will be asynchronous

4 Likes

Thank you @DeanMauro! New to creating UiPath activities and didn’t know this was available…great stuff!

@DeanMauro - After using this extension for a few hours, I have a question. Is there a way to organize activity files under the Activities folders? When I create a new Activity every resultant .cs file is placed under the Activities folder. Instead of Activities->activity1.cs, activity2.cs, etc., can I do something like Activities->Customer->activity1.cs, Activities->Merchant->activity2.cs? Hopefully, this makes sense. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @bdubs

Please go over the video here:

I believe it was one of the questions that was answered in the QnA part of the video… unfortunately I don’t know the correct timestamp :slight_smile:

The extension will not generate custom folders, but you can add them after. Right-click > Add > Solution Folder.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.