Assistant Cannot Stop Process For running job without Orchestrator

How can I tell Assistant to Stop a “running” job?
Clicking the square stop button results in a UiPath Robot Error with a message of “Cannot find job with id…”

I asked a similar question before, but did not receive a good response:

Additional Info:
I can reboot my computer to clear the message but that would not be a good solution for me.
I have used Task Manager to kill UiPath.Assistent (32 bit), however, after restarting Assistant, the same jobs show as running.

Based on your issue description, you enabled the Process can’t be stopped from UiPath Assistant.

Path:

Orchestrator → Folder → Automations → Processses → Find the process in the list → Edit → Additional Settings → Disable Process can’t be stopped from UiPath Assistant → Disconnect from Orchestrator in UiPath Assistant and connect again in order to trigger and apply the process change from your Orchestrator

Reference: Managing processes

Let us know if this helped.

I can absolutely stop any running process from Assistant!
The issue is that Assistant shows that the process is running when it is NOT running!
I do not use Orchestrator so the process does not show there.

Try this approach, as it seems that you have some old cached and locked processes in your Assistant:

• Open Assistant and make sure that you are seeing your processes

• Go to %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\UiPath Assistant Processes

• Find the process that is ‘running’ → right click → Properties → Details → Computer and find in the args the start values

Example:

• Access %APPDATA%\UiPath → open process-info.json → find the process by looking with data extracted from the previous step

Example:

And remove its values from the JSON file → Save the file.

• Refresh the Assistant processes

Another way is to go to C:\ProgramData\UiPath\Packages → remove the nupkg file and insert a new version of the same process in the same folder

In Assistant → refresh the processes

Result in %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\UiPath Assistant Processes

Also, as the last resort, you may try to uninstall the UiPath Studio but to keep in mind that you need to remove the below folders as well, restart the machine and then perform a new fresh UiPath Studio Install → restart the machine:

Locate UiPath Studio in the Apps and features / Programs and Features Windows settings. For example, in Windows 10, select Start Menu > Settings > Apps and features > UiPath Studio, and then select Uninstall.

Uninstalling does not remove the following:

• The settings in the folders %PROGRAMPDATA%\UiPath, %LOCALAPPDATA%\UiPath, and %APPDATA%\UiPath
  • The packages folder %USERPROFILE%.nuget\packages
  • The NuGet cache folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\NuGet\v3-cache
  • The Assistant processes folder in the Windows Start menu %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\UiPath Assistant Processes

Reference: Modify or Uninstall Studio

Let us know if this helped.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.