Assignment 3.2: Dispatcher - Element Exists selector not working

Hi,

My element exists selector is not working. I use the following selector:

When I do a write line of the in_TransactionNumber it is working, but when I do a write line of the ElementExists output, it states “False”.

Rest of my workflow

Try this!

Reards
Niket Ghai

Thanks, but it also does not work unfortunately.
Can you maybe have a look at my workflow to see where it goes wrong:
Main.xaml (49.4 KB)

You need to send your GetTransactionData file.
Try re-indicating the next page…

Ah sorry, of course
GetTransactionData.xaml (13.3 KB)

Regarding indicating to the next page, as I also need the first pages data, and the selector is also used there in the scraping of the table, how do I deal with that. Do you suggest an If statement there? I have not come up with a working one so far.

Thanks!

Hey! As far as GetTransactionData is concerned…just select the first page and indicate the next page i.e the 2nd page, somewhat like this:

I’ve already attached the selector I’ve used.

Now in the process.xaml use this selector for clicking the next page:

"<html title='ACME System 1 - Work Items'/><webctrl tag='LI' aaname='"+in_TransactionNumber.ToString+"' />"

And simply perform the data scraping!
It will first click on the first page! And will fetch the data of first page

:slight_smile:
Tell me if that was helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions, but it is still not working. The selector I am using is:
<webctrl aaname='"+in_TransactionNumber.ToString+"' tag='LI' />
This should be the right one, but it is not working.

For the process.xaml selector: I am using the in_TransactionItem one, which is linked to the in_TransactionNumber. This should not provide any problems right?

No that won’t create any problem, make sure it’s default values is 1

Hi @TerraV1

I have the same problem as you do in terms of getting “False” for the first part in the “Get Transaction Data”. I am using the same selector as you do, but for some reason, it is not able to find it.

Did you manage to solve the issue?

Your selector is correct please verify the in_TransactionNumber.ToString in GetTransactionData.xaml

The solution was to type the selector in Notepad, create a new element exists activity, and copy the selector in there. I don’t know why it works like this.

I have the same problem, can anyone share the correct get transaction data workflow?

Can you attach your workflow? Where you got stuck

I am getting a false value in the element exist. thank you

GetTransactionData.xaml (13.9 KB)

Run it now -

GetTransactionData (1).xaml (13.7 KB)

When you use dynamic selector do not open selector window and directly paste selector in text box it should look like this -

Thanks a lot! It works but now the on element appear doesn’t work in the process workflow. I guess the same thing applies there.

Yes same thing for selector and one more thing Set Repeat Forever property to false in On Element Appear

Can you please help with the selector in the process workflow as well?

Process.xaml (29.9 KB)

It looks okay what error are you facing. Please share the exception

System exception. Retry: 0. The target Element was not specified for this activity. You should set its Target property or use this activity inside of a scope activity (Attach Browser, Open Browser, Open Application, Attach Window, Get Active Window, Element Scope activities). at Source: Click ‘SPAN’