I having spent enough looking/solving for a solution for an issue I am having.
Assignment 1: I am trying to test my whole workflow and I am getting stuck at “update work Items” workflow with the select item activity. I am using a dynamic selector as mentioned in the walkthrough by using UIexplorer.
Error : “Select Item ‘SPAN’: Value does not fall within the expected range”
Things I have tried but, did not work,
-Using Attach Browser
-Using Click activity before the select item activity including trying to use time delay.
Sanjay P. update work items.xaml (11.6 KB)
Hey. Could you remove the attach browser and try? i see your span already has a full selector.
Please try again after the change and let me know.
Thanks for the response. I am still getting the same error for the Select activity.
Please make your select Item activity WaitForReady to Interactive. I have tried this change and now your workflow is working fine.
I did that. I am getting the same error including a tip this time mentioning, Select Item ‘SPAN’: Cannot select item. It was not found among existing items.
TIP: Some combo-boxes delay load items until its dropdown is expanded. Try to simulate a click on control prior to selecting an item.
I tried adding a click before the select activity with simulate as True and interactive, it still does not work.
Can you upload your workflow which worked fine?
The first issue is now resolved. Have you checked the value for newStatus variable.
Looks like the value is not corresponding to the item values ex:‘Completed’ etc.
Please re-verify and test it should work.
The walkthrough mentioned to use an in argument for Newstatus but, when I changed it to a variable, then it worked. No error now.
I have another question-
In the extract client information workflow,
in the client details they have country name for eg- Client Country: France
and in others they have the city name and country name for eg- Paris, France
I am using this to split the country name
onestring(2).Split(”:"c)(1).Substring(1) but, I am just getting the 2nd word and if there is no 2nd word then it is empty which screws my hash code.
Well, an additional if condition before concatenating the hash code should do the job.
After your split using ‘:’ and then trim, you can add a string contains ‘,’ if it does you can further split using ‘,’ and trim otherwise continue.
It should work fine after that.
I had to change some stuff in the workflow but, I am stuck at the assign activity for out_country.
Everything is working fine except the out_country - I am getting nothing in the log message.
I have attached my workflow. Please let me know.
Thanks.System1_ExtractClientInformation.xaml (13.0 KB)
Well its a simple issue of array position.
please use the below in your country assign
You also have 2 variables due to which the correct value is not assigned. Add an additional assign like below or change the 1st assign and you should be good.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.