Assignment 1: "Select Item 'SPAN': Value does not fall within the expected range" in the update work Items workflow

Hello Everyone,

I having spent enough looking/solving for a solution for an issue I am having.

Assignment 1: I am trying to test my whole workflow and I am getting stuck at “update work Items” workflow with the select item activity. I am using a dynamic selector as mentioned in the walkthrough by using UIexplorer.
Error : “Select Item ‘SPAN’: Value does not fall within the expected range”

Things I have tried but, did not work,
-Using Attach Browser
-Using Click activity before the select item activity including trying to use time delay.

Attached File.

Please help.

Thank You.
Sanjay P. update work items.xaml (11.6 KB)

1 Like

@anil5 @nadim.warsi

Can you guys help?

Thank You.
Sanjay P.

Hey. Could you remove the attach browser and try? i see your span already has a full selector.
Please try again after the change and let me know.

Thanks for the response. I am still getting the same error for the Select activity.

1 Like

Please make your select Item activity WaitForReady to Interactive. I have tried this change and now your workflow is working fine.

I did that. I am getting the same error including a tip this time mentioning, Select Item ‘SPAN’: Cannot select item. It was not found among existing items.
TIP: Some combo-boxes delay load items until its dropdown is expanded. Try to simulate a click on control prior to selecting an item.

I tried adding a click before the select activity with simulate as True and interactive, it still does not work.

Can you upload your workflow which worked fine?

Thanks.

2 Likes

The first issue is now resolved. Have you checked the value for newStatus variable.
Looks like the value is not corresponding to the item values ex:‘Completed’ etc.

Please re-verify and test it should work.

The walkthrough mentioned to use an in argument for Newstatus but, when I changed it to a variable, then it worked. No error now.

Thanks.

I have another question-
In the extract client information workflow,
in the client details they have country name for eg- Client Country: France
and in others they have the city name and country name for eg- Paris, France

I am using this to split the country name

onestring(2).Split(”:"c)(1).Substring(1) but, I am just getting the 2nd word and if there is no 2nd word then it is empty which screws my hash code.

Please help.

1 Like

Well, an additional if condition before concatenating the hash code should do the job.
After your split using ‘:’ and then trim, you can add a string contains ‘,’ if it does you can further split using ‘,’ and trim otherwise continue.

It should work fine after that.

1 Like

I had to change some stuff in the workflow but, I am stuck at the assign activity for out_country.
Everything is working fine except the out_country - I am getting nothing in the log message.

I have attached my workflow. Please let me know.

Thanks.System1_ExtractClientInformation.xaml (13.0 KB)

1 Like

Well its a simple issue of array position.
please use the below in your country assign

onestring(2).Split(":“c)(1).Substring(0)

You also have 2 variables due to which the correct value is not assigned. Add an additional assign like below or change the 1st assign and you should be good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.